Welcome to my blog. I am a young, self-taught artist from the Gulf Coast, who wants to provide pyrographic artwork that sends a clear strong message. Please take time to look through my pages and posts. I appreciate comments, love making new friends, and covet faithful followers. Shout hello if you know me, or are just passing through.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Special Edition almost Complete

               I have yet to highlight important areas of the face but this portrait is almost completed. The focal quality of these pictures here are poor and can probably be better seen on Facebook.  But even there it doesn't appear as good as it does in person. 

              I will be moving on to the light bove his head which I may end up coloring if a very slow burn doesn't bring out the yellows and soft oranges that a fire of this nature has. 

              At the moment my focus is off of woodburning and turned towards and upcoming Concert with a guest artist from Russia, Yuri Rozum.  However, with a few more days I should have all areas of this piece tweaked, calligraphy burned on the left and or bottom and the entire piece sealed and ready to hang. 

              Thanks for coming by!

1 comment:

Painting workshop said...

I just passed by to say Happy Easter!...Daniel