Welcome to my blog. I am a young, self-taught artist from the Gulf Coast, who wants to provide pyrographic artwork that sends a clear strong message. Please take time to look through my pages and posts. I appreciate comments, love making new friends, and covet faithful followers. Shout hello if you know me, or are just passing through.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Progress

      I have progressed greatly on the Fat Chef Kitchen Decor Piece I was commissioned to do.  With a few tweaks to the burning and calligraphy I then painted it and will seal it in a matte spray when I am sure I am satisfied with the painting. 


    This stage is almost as critical as the planning and drafting stages.  I must set the piece aside for a short time and then when I pick it back up I will notice things that may need tweaking before it is sealed. 


    It may be only two more days before this piece is completed. 










          I am also very excited to announce that my Native American Talking Stick is complete and will be listed for sale in the One of A Kind page. 


          I have sealed it in a glossy polyurethane sealer and it only waits to be used.  Here you may be able to see some of the markings burned upon it:  the kokopelli, the wolf paw, human hand, eagle, and horse.

        
        My camera kept altering the flash so that it reflects too brightly off the semi-precious stones.  The entire stick is very dark and mysteriously knotted and is quite gorgeous in person. 

        Please see my One of A Kind page for more details. 

        Thankyou for visiting Phoenix Pyrocreations, please follow my blog!

No comments: