Welcome to my blog. I am a young, self-taught artist from the Gulf Coast, who wants to provide pyrographic artwork that sends a clear strong message. Please take time to look through my pages and posts. I appreciate comments, love making new friends, and covet faithful followers. Shout hello if you know me, or are just passing through.

Friday, January 21, 2011

New Commission and Talking Stick Update

         
I am excited about my newest commission artwork, a Fat Chef Kitchen decor piece.  It's completely fashionable, somewhat Rustic, and yet somehow Fine art.  Right now it's only sketched but I will soon have it on the basswood and then in color. 


            

           As for the Native American Talking Stick, it is very near completion.  I strung beads and turquoise to two Raven feathers and skilfully pieced it together running through a natural hollow in the stick. 

       I had already burned a running horse on the top end, Kokopelli near the handle and a human hand print as well.  I plan on adding a few more burnings before it is completed. 






 For an extra special touch, I embedded turquoise into the wood near the head of the talking stick.

The flash glared on it a little here however it looks splendid in person.  When the entire creation is sealed and glossed it will be a jewel for one lucky person's mantle. 

As for the symbols in my choice of decoration for this authoritative talking stick, the Raven feathers represent wisdom, curiosity, and ingenuity.  The earth tone wooden beads represent warmth of spirit and friendship in debate and the white wooden beads represent purity. 

Turquoise represents truth fullness and honesty in speech.  It enhances communicating skills, creativity, self-expression, and imagination.  Great for story-telling. 

       I will be posting more updates soon so come visit again soon! 
  

No comments: