Welcome to my blog. I am a young, self-taught artist from the Gulf Coast, who wants to provide pyrographic artwork that sends a clear strong message. Please take time to look through my pages and posts. I appreciate comments, love making new friends, and covet faithful followers. Shout hello if you know me, or are just passing through.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Updates is What This Blog is ALL About

Page views have really been down, but then, Facebook is like THE internet for a lot of people now.  I haven't had much time for blogging, but if I may be allowed to ramble for a few minutes I'll just say that:

Jaw Surgery didn't put me behind or out of the mood.  I healed up quickly, swelling went down super-fast, it was the easiest thing I ever did - totally easier than having wisdom teeth removed.  And apart from still being on a broken jaw diet, it's not all that bad.  I can do things like blend up my turkey breast dinner and scarf it down with mash potatoes quicker than anyone else because they have to chew it and I don't!!  I may post a Jaw surgery post in a few days here for those of you looking into Jaw surgery to help encourage you about the path ahead.  I know my life story has always been to handle sickness, injury, and surgery better than everyone else (I always do) but I know there are other people out there who don't and wont swell nearly as bad as I did even and who probably handle pain even better than I do.  So I will proceed to encourage.  It was easy.  Is easy.

My Big boy, Wyatt, a beautiful Easter Egger rooster, passed away in my arms the other day after battling a fowl illness called Coccidosis.  It took him rather quickly and I am very sad that he is gone.  I put the flowers the orthodontist and oral surgeon gave me on his grave.  This has kept me out of the burning mood.

And on Wednesday I went down to pay tribute to a fallen police officer, a man who was killed in action, Officer Steven Green of the Mobile Police Department.  The motorcade procession was impressive for such a sombre time and included sqad cards and officers from surrounding states and counties!!!  I would estimate the procession included 150 motorcycles, several ambulances, firetrucks, Marine police, Airport security, state troopers, Judges, lawyers, state representatives, the mayor, K-9 units, and retired military, not to mention the large group of family, and the wide circle of friends, and then his lovely wife, all mourning the loss of their hero.  I stood there at attention with my hand on my heart for just over 40 minutes until the last vehicle passed.  It was quite a procession and one he well deserved.

Now, on to pyrography!! Yet another client commission is out of the way and I have continued burning the Cowboy portrait.  However, sadly, my camera is not taking good pictures of my work no matter what lighting and backdrop I try, so bear with me.  These are the best representations of my work at this time.



       There is more burn present than what met the camera's eye.  I am about to kill the family camera.  Or...I am apparently, no photographer!!



Thanks for dropping by!! Please leave comments,

No comments: