Welcome to my blog. I am a young, self-taught artist from the Gulf Coast, who wants to provide pyrographic artwork that sends a clear strong message. Please take time to look through my pages and posts. I appreciate comments, love making new friends, and covet faithful followers. Shout hello if you know me, or are just passing through.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Local Fair


I've never entered a real art contest before, let alone a fair so this month has held a world of new experiences for me.  I was worried I would have to attach hangars to the back of my wood pieces- which I don't want to do until after I make prints of them- so there was a lot of pressure on me as the deadline drew close.

Every night after work I'd hasten to the table and spend most of the night burning.  I was getting...burned out.  No kidding.  But when I went to the fairgrounds, they assured me that the hanging was all taken care of.  So that was a huge relief.

Jazz is the Color is my latest burning, which I will have photographs of when they are released from the fair exhibition in two weeks.  The Saxophone burning features a tenor Sax against a double bass.  Lovely!  Can't wait to show you the completed pictures.  I also have more burn videos coming up so stay tuned for some embedded clips.

In the meantime, visit my facebook profile and page to keep up with the every-day details.


Thanks for stopping by,
Feel free to give me help and suggestions,
I am still looking around for a print-shop that suits my needs.

No comments: