Welcome to my blog. I am a young, self-taught artist from the Gulf Coast, who wants to provide pyrographic artwork that sends a clear strong message. Please take time to look through my pages and posts. I appreciate comments, love making new friends, and covet faithful followers. Shout hello if you know me, or are just passing through.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Cujo, the Chihuahua Commission

         So with the 1 hours of me time I get at the end of work every week-day evening, I sat down and spent a little time sketching this Cujo.  It obviously wasn't an easy job since I had only the photograph on the left to go by and I am no good at drawing dogs...and I've never succeed in drawing any canine before or a chihuahua at that... the very word chihuahua is hard enough to spell!!

         But...I think I got somewhere in that hour.  : )  I plan on enlarging my sketch before transferring it to the wood I selected.

          At first I doubted the way I was spelling this pooch's name... Cujo...what an odd name.  So I began googling the name and found exactly where Cujo's owners came up with the idea.  Cujo is the name of a Rabid St. Bernard in a Steven Spielberg Horror Flick Film.  Interesting comparison...the title Cujo to a chihuahua.  I have heard that these little dogs have devils in them.  But I was told that this Cujo was the sweetest natured little dog ever.  I tried to capture that in my sketch and I hope I did that well.


           So with what time I have in the evenings these days this commission may take part of my summer.  But I have a feeling I will have a lot of fun and adventures with this wood-piece.  Growing excited.

           I am starting to make more and more burn videos and set them to music. I don't have a program for making movies so I can't...you know, put it in fast-forward for cool effect but I do what I can.  It makes it entertaining.  Hope to do more of that soon so check up with me on Facebook, keep in touch, and please comment!!

The artist

No comments: